Link to the Cultural Village – get a feeling of, and a taste for Japanese culture in New Zealand.
Tea Ceremony Club
～New Zealand Japan Society of Auckland ～
Come and join the Tea ceremony club. Enjoy learning the Way of Tea and share the culture in New Zealand.Practice every 4th Wed from 7pm or some weekend practice available. $5 per session (NZJS members)For more info:firstname.lastname@example.org or call Kumiko on 021-451-423
【NZJS】Founded in 1960, the New Zealand-Japan Society of Auckland is “a two-way bridge between two countries”.
- Email : email@example.com
- Phone : Kumiko 021-451-423
Kae is an Auckland florist with over ten years experience in designing and making beautiful flower arrangements and bouquets for a wide range of occasions, budgets and functions – weddings, corporate reception areas, personal gifts.
- Opening hours : to Sat 10:00am to 6:00pm, Sun 10:00am to 1:00pm, Public Holiday : close
- Place : 7 Garnet Road Westmere Auckland 1022
- Phone : (09) 360-0574/021-132-7046 (Japanese OK)
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : http://www.kaeflowers.co.nz
Rie Shibasaki Calligraphy Class
We will practice Japanese Calligraphy and penmanship. Classes are about 1 hour duration.You are welcome to view and to ask any questions!Let’s find out together what you need to practice.
Yamada Togei Kyoshitsu
Yamada Togei Kyoshitsu specializes in Japanese ceramics offering classes for beginners.
[about Togei style pottery]Traditional pottery kilns are deeply entrenched in local Japanese communities, each producing a unique style; some offer a ‘hands-on’ experience to visitors. ‘Imari-Arita Ware’, ‘Bizen Ware’, ‘Mashiko Ware’, ‘Shigaraki Ware’, ‘Kiyomizu Ware’ are renowned styles; admire fine specimens in a museum or historic kiln.You are welcome to view and to ask any questions!
- Opening hours : 13:30 -15:30 Mon. & Thu.
- Place : 37 Venessa Cr., Glendowie
- Phone : 09-575-3797/021-619-491
- Email : email@example.com
Haere Mai (Taiko)
Haere Mai is the performance group of the New Zealand Japan Society of Auckland (NZJS)If you are interested in joining a Japanese creative art group, why don’t you join us?
We are also available for performance requests. We’ve performed for community events as well as private and commercial events.
Our biggest performance this year will be performance at the Rugby World Cup 2011.
NZJS welcomes any and all enquiries.
- Website : http://www.nzjapan.net/cms/index
- Email : HaereMai@nzjapan.net
I have been studying , teaching and demonstrating the Ancient Art of Bonsai for 48yrs all over New Zealand.
The knowledge was learned from Japanese sensei in Los Angeles and Japan. I am a founder member of the Auckland Bonsai Society and adviser to the Chinese Bonsai Society.My full time student (Simon) and I maintain a Japanese style garden displaying a wide range of sizes in bonsai including many natives.We also display and demonstrate at two Japanese Cultural Days every year.
- General Workshops : Every first Sunday 9 – 12 / every third Wednesday 7 – 9
- Phone : Bob or Simon (09) 629 3662 / 027 286 3321
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website : http://www.bonsaiville.co.nz
Kyougi Karuta (競技かるた)
a traditional Japanese game
The New Zealand Kyougi Karuta Association (NZKKA) was established in July 2010.It is affiliated with the All Japan Karuta Association. We are currently in the process of recruiting new members. We are also lookingfor volunteers to help with the administration side of the association. For further information please see our website or contact Linton via the contact details below.
- Email : email@example.com
- Website : http://www.karuta.org.nz
- Phone : 0212661056
Japanese Tuition －鈴木塾－
Get in touch with us and discover the world of Japanese. We offer you the unique opportunity to learn Japanese language and the rich culture of Japan through lessons. All levels from beginners to advanced learners and also NCEA level 1, 2, 3 are welcome!
Taught by an experienced teacher, BEd・1st grade teaching licence (Japan).
One on one tuition $30 per person
Group session $15 per person/hour (2-4 people)
日本語学習は長い戦いです。 現地で生活する子供達の最大の可能性を引き出すための教育環境を目指していきます。 詳しくは、ブログをご覧ください！
- Classes : 13:00-19:30 Mon-Fri / 10:00-14:40 Sat
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location : Flat Bush near the Botany Junction
- Phone : 09-271-3383 / 021-523-622
- Blog : http://ameblo.jp/suzukijuku (日本語)
Japanese for kids Himawari ひまわり保育室
Experience a Japanese Kindergarten in New Zealand
Himawari is an education playgroup run by experienced kindergarten teachers.
- Place : Three kings Tennis Pavilion, Cnr Mt.Albert Rd & Mt.Eden Rd, Mt.Roskilｌ
- Opening hours :
完全予約制 月曜 10:00 – 11:30 /月曜 13:30 – 15:30
金曜 10:00 – 11:30
- Email : email@example.com
Youth Yoga- Yippee!!
An opportunity to renew and restore energy a celebration of breath and movement in Unity.
Fun and creative, age appropriate yoga sessions allow children and teens time to express, energise and enjoy movement in a caring and non competitive environment.Anywhere for youWeekend classes, special events (e.g. bridal party, kids’ birthdays, summer garden yoga with your friends) & private session also available in your space or central studio.
- Website : http://www.aconnection.co.nz/
Kokoro Massage With Shelley
Whether you need deep tissue massage with a firm hand to work away your stubborn ‘knots’ or a soothing touch to rejuvenate your spirit and calm the mind, Shelley is the one to see.
Each massage is personalised to your needs to optimise your recovery, reduce stress, and to help maintain the health of your body.
- Website : http://www.kokoromassage.co.nz
- Massage Therapist : Shelley Butt1
- contact : 09-414-2225/021-0436-056
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
SUKI SUKI YOGA
Yoga can improve your life!
Ashtanga yoga is involves synchronizing the breath with a progressive series of postures. The result is improved circulation, a light and strong body, and a calm mind.
- Classes :
Tuesday 6:30am-7:30am 7:00pm-8:00pm
Sunday 12:00pm-1:00pm (Bilingual class ENG/JAP)
Private classes available (Pregnancy / Restorative yoga etc.)
- Location :
Auckland Yoga Academy
190 Federal Street, Auckland
- Contact :
Email : email@example.com
Blog : http://sukisukiyoga.blogspot.com/ (Japanese)
- Classes :